|Rōmaji:||EkusuBureizu Kōdo: Enburio|
|Developer(s):||Arc System Works|
|Publisher(s):||Arc System Works|
|Platform(s):||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita|
|Release date(s):||JP July 25, 2013|
NA June 24, 2014
|Opening Song:||Be Oneself!|
XBlaze – Code: Embryo is a visual novel video game developed and published by Arc System Works. It takes place in the year 2050, 150 years before the events of the BlazBlue series. The game was released on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on July 25, 2013 in Japan and on June 24, 2014 in North America. A sequel by the name of XBlaze: Lost Memories was announced on August 5th for release sometime next year in Japan on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation VIta.
XBlaze is a visual novel with extremely minimal gameplay, that requires little interaction from the player as most of the game's duration is spent on reading the text that appears, representing either dialogue between the characters or the inner thoughts of the protagonist. Instead of choices, the typical way to select a direction in which to take the game, XBlaze features an innovative path selection system, where player has to read certain TOi articles to achieve different endings.
The protagonist, Tōya Kagari, is a resident of Shin Yokozaki City and a sophomore at the prestigious Hakuō North Academy. An earnest and responsible young man, Tōya appears to be no more than young average high school student.
While returning from his part-time job, he heard a mysterious sound coming from the depths of the Restricted Ward, an area off-limits to unauthorized personnel due to a horrible disaster that happened there ten years ago…
His curiosity having gotten the best of him, Tōya ventured ever deeper into the ruins of the ward, eventually coming across a man who appeared to be gravely injured. Concerned, Tōya rushed to his side, asking if he was okay and if he needed any help, but as Tōya approached, the man suddenly stood up and attacked, screaming, "You're an enemy!".
And in the midst of invisible ringing bells, psychotic strangers, exploding walls of flame, and almost certain death, a small, cute girl with an enormous sword came charging in…
Yanked from the comfort of his everyday life, Tōya was forced head-long into a world where the threat of death was everywhere and even allies could be his downfall…
The wheel of fate has begun to turn…
And the story of the Azure, and that of Tōya Kagari and the mysterious girl Es, began.
- Episode 1: Encounters
- Gag Episode 1: Prologue
- Episode 2: Unforgivable Sin
- Gag Episode 2: Culinary Enigmas
- Episode 3: 10 Sages
- Gag Episode 3: 100% Natural…?!
- Episode 4: Heresy
- Gag Episode 4: In The Temple of the Sun
- Episode 5: Desired World
- Gag Episode 5: Crouching Curry, Hidden Ingredient
- Episode 6: A Stranger
- Episode 6: Conversation (Kuon/Mei Route)
- Episode 6: Fade to Black (Bad Ending)
- Episode 7: Irreconcilable Differences
- Episode 7: Those Who Cause Calamity (Kuon/Mei Route)
- Episode 7: Proof of Cowardice (Bad Ending)
- Episode 8: Demon's Roar
- Episode 8: Battle for Justice (Kuon Ending)
- Episode 8: Sin and Punishment (Mei Ending)
- Episode 8: The Black Beast (Bad End)
- Episode 9: Salvation
- Episode 10: What You Want To Protect (Hinata Ending)
- Episode 10: Wadatsumi (Es Route)
- Episode 11: Atonement (Es Route)
- Episode 12: XBLAZE (Es Ending)
- Main article: XBlaze – Code: Embryo/Story Guide
- Main article: XBlaze – Code: Embryo/Trophies
|Main Games||BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger · BlazBlue: Continuum Shift · BlazBlue: Chronophantasma|
|Remakes||BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II · BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend|
|Spin-offs||BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale · BlayzBloo: Clone Phantasma · XBlaze – Code: Embryo · BlazBlue: Battle Cards · XBlaze – Lost: Memories|