Learn everything from the basics of 2D fighting game mechanics to the advanced and unique systems of BlazBlue.
―Description from game
The Tutorial Mode (チュートリアルモード Chūtoriaru Mōdo) of BlazBlue has four different categories of instructions, and introduces the unfamiliar players to BlazBlue's style of fighting. It is first introduced in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.
In BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Ragna will be taught by numerous members of the cast depending on what class is selected. The opponent faced in these lessons will always be another Ragna.
The Stylish Lesson classes are exclusive to BlazBlue: Chronophantasma and teach the player basic movements within Stylish Type. These classes are taught by Celica A. Mercury and Jūbei. Classes include:
- The Basics (taught by Celica)
- Application (taught by Jūbei)
Beginner classes teach the basic "how to play" functions, and the mechanics of both offense and defense. Classes in the Continuum Shift series include:
- About Stylish Layout
- Rules and Moving your Character
- About Character Attacks
- About Character Defenses
- Offense (taught by Noel and Makoto)
- Game Rules (taught by Tsubaki)
- Defense (taught by Noel and Makoto)
- Rolling (taught by Makoto and Tsubaki)
Intermediate classes teach about special moves, cancels, Heat, and various special system mechanics. Classes in the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift series include:
- About Cancelling and Special Attacks
- About the Heat Gauge
- About Defense Techniques
- Special System Mechanics (Parts 1 and 2)
- About Counters
- Other System Mechanics
- Combos (taught by Taokaka and Bang)
- Cancelling (taught by Carl)
- Counters (taught by Platinum)
- Application (taught by Tager)
Advanced classes teach about special tactics in not just BlazBlue, but in most fighting games in general, that are very professional and difficult to master. Classes in the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift series include:
- About Spacing and Anti-Air
- About Mix-ups and Wake-Up Game
- Other Powerful Tactics
- Breaking Guards (taught by Azrael)
- Foundations for Combos (taught by Jin)
- Expanding on Combos (taught by Rachel)
The Strategies class gives individual descriptions and tutorials on the different play styles of the characters. In each, players are given a description of how the character plays, their Drive attack, and are instructed to reduce the opponent's HP to half.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
- Ragna Cum Laude – Finish all your homework.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
- That Will Suffice – Finish this mode.
- This Will Be On The Test – Finished the BlazBlue Tutorial.
- In BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, characters will frequently break the fourth wall when explaining their classes.
|Practice||Tutorial Mode · Training Mode · Challenge Mode|
|Story||Story Mode · Library Mode|
|Battle||Arcade Mode · Versus Mode · Legion Mode · Alliance Mode · Abyss Mode · Score Attack Mode · Speed Star Mode · Unlimited Mars Mode · Highlander Assault Mode · Grim of Abyss Mode|
|Collection||Replay Theater Mode · Gallery Mode|