The Ten Sages are considered the most powerful magicians found in both Ishana and the Magic Association. They are canonized during a ceremony, where they get the title after the first ten numbers, depending on their strength. While they're called the "Ten" Sages, there are presently not ten of them, as it takes considerable talent and abilities to be given such a title. Sages in the world of BlazBlue are seen wearing witch-like hats with their number.
In XBlaze – Code: Embryo, it is believed that the title of the Ten Sage no longer carries the same weight as it once did, and that one can now join their ranks simply by having the right connections. They acted as personal guards of heads of the Magical Association. Some of these Sages were present during the first smelting of Embryo, and most likely they disappeared during the Wadatsumi Mass Vanish Incident. Zwei has escaped from the corrupted Guild to the New Yokozaki City long time ago, and sometime later three more Sages stole a Legacy Weapon and arrived to this city, where they died. Afterwards, the heads of Magical Association were killed by a Union named "Freaks", and after the events of XBlaze – Lost: Memories, Zwei returned to Ishana and started to teach Kuon Glamred Stroheim, who then became one of the new Ten Sages.
- The One — Relius Clover, the former leader of the Ten Sages
- Two — deceased
- Three — first wielder of Demon Guns: Bolverk, deceased
- Four — deceased
- Seven — former head of the Kisaragi family, first wielder of Ice Sword: Yukianesa, status unknown
- Eight — deceased
- Nine — Konoe A. Mercury, one of the Six Heroes, deceased
- Zwei — Marceline F. Mercury, also known as Ringo Akagi
- Drei — deceased
- Sechs — deceased
- Acht — deceased
- Kuon Glamred Stroheim — position unknown
- Sages in BlazBlue are named after the first ten English numbers, while in XBlaze they are named after the first ten German numbers.