The Prime Field (素体 Sotai) is a special type of artificial human created for the study of the Boundary.
Dimensional Boundary Contact Prime FieldThe Dimensional Boundary Contact Prime Field (次元境界接触用素体 Jigen Kyōkai Sesshokuyō Sotai, localized as Boundary Interface Prime Field Device) is a type of artificial humans created from the magic element.
They were designed for the purpose of investigating the deepest reaches of the Boundary, and to contact the Amaterasu Unit there. The Unit answers only to objects with human form, and people are unable to survive in the Boundary, this is why they created the Prime Fields.
In the original world, the 1st Prime Field (第一接触体 Dai-Ichi Sotai), later on dubbed as the Origin, who managed to make contact with the Amaterasu Unit, made her known as the 1st Contact (第一接触体 Dai-Ichi Sesshokutai). In result, she acquired a soul, self-awareness, and the Power of the Eye, the ability to Observe. With this force, the rest of the Prime Fields gained souls and self-awareness.
People were afraid of the Prime Fields, which were supposed to be used only as tools, and started against them a war.In the BlazBlue world, it is believed that the very first Prime Field, the 0th Prime Field (第零素体 Dai-Zero Sotai), was created by Relius Clover. As a result of one of the experiments, this model contacted the Master Unit and gained the soul, receiving a huge amount of data, and gaining the power of the Blue. This sample was thrown into the Kiln, and the data collected by it was used to create the Takamagahara system.
After that, humanity decided to destroy the Master Unit, creating a special Prime Field for this purpose: Murakumo Unit. Several organizations have attempted to replicate the 0th Prime Field’s data, but none of them could become Kusanagi, the most successful Prime Field. During the Ikaruga Civil War, Relius created the 11th, 12th, and 13th Prime Fields, taking Saya as their basis.
Boundary Contact Prime Field ManifestationThe Boundary Contact Prime Field Manifestation (示現境界接触用素体 Jigen Kyōkai Sesshokuyō Sotai), also known as Embryo Storage (エンブリオストレージ Enburio Sutorēji), for short Es (
Dimensional Boundary Contact Prime Field EsThe Dimensional Boundary Contact Prime Field Es (次元境界接触用素体
- It was said in BlazBlue: Phase 0 that the 0th Prime Field Model (第零型素体 Dai-Zero Gata Sotai) was used in the experiment that resulted in Black Beast’s appearance. In BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend it was said that the 1st Prime Field (第一素体 Dai-Ichi Sotai) was used in this experiment.
- BlazBlue Prime Fields’ names come from the Greek Alphabet.
- ↑ BlazBlue (Chronophantasma, Chronophantasma Extend, Centralfiction), Glossary, characters section, entry #73. In English localization during the game course, it is also called:
- Dimensional Boundary Contact Prime Field Force,
- Dimensional Boundary Contact Medium,
- Dimensional Boundary Interface Link,
- Dimensional Boundary Interface Prime Field Device,
- Contingency Medium.
|Natural||Beastman · Demon · Ghoul · Half-beastman · Human · Vampire|
|Artificial||Human sub-race · Kaka · Lycanthrope · Prime Field|