Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anti-Sankishin Core Unit
|Primary power:||Nox Nyctores – Lux Sanctus: Murakumo|
|Notable members:||Nu -No. 13-, Mu -No. 12-, Lambda -No. 11-|
The Murakumo Units (ムラクモユニット Murakumo Yunitto) are special types of Dimensional Boundary Interface Prime Field Devices that wield the Nox Nyctores, Lux Sanctus: Murakumo. The Murakumo Units were created after the First War of Ars Magus as Anti-Sankishin Core Units (対三輝紳用ユニット Tai-Sankishin Koa Yunitto).
A Murakumo Unit is a metallic lifeform (金属生命体 kinzoku seimeitai), so its smelting requires a human body (人体 jintai) as a raw material. The science incorporated in its creation is extremely complicated, and its greatest characteristic is the ability to directly connect to the Boundary, harnessing virtually unlimited amounts of power.
As of now only thirteen have been created, and only three are known.
- Lambda -No. 11- was an imitation Murakumo Unit, relying on her Idea Engine to substitute for the Nox Nyctores and wearing armor made from titanium, but after her revival in the Embryo she seems to have a proper Lux Sanctus.
- Mu -No. 12-'s first tempering was interrupted by a blast from the Nox Nyctores, Gigant: Takemikazuchi, which destroyed Ibukido, and she was deemed a failure. Mu was later tempered again, fused with the true Azure and became a perfect Dimensional Boundary Interface Prime Field Device, named the Sword of the Godslayer: Kusanagi. Noel Vermillion herself also does not count as a Murakumo Unit, since she uses Arcus Diabolus: Bolverk instead of Lux Sanctus.
- Nu -No. 13- was forged at the bottom of the Sheol Gate of Kagutsuchi and counts as the only successful Murakumo Unit. Prior to her smelting in Kagutsuchi, Ragna the Bloodedge destroyed two of her unsmelted bodies.
Murakumo Units' names come from the Greek Alphabet. This means that the full list of Murakumo Units may be:
- Alpha -No. 01- (
α -No. 01-Arufa Nanbā Wan)
- Beta -No. 02- (
β -No. 02-Bēta Nanbā Tsū)
- Gamma -No. 03- (
γ -No. 03-Ganma Nanbā Surī)
- Delta -No. 04- (
δ -No. 04-Deruta Nanbā Fō)
- Epsilon -No. 05- (
ε -No. 05-Epushiron Nanbā Faibu)
- Zeta -No. 06- (
ζ -No. 06-Zēta Nanbā Shikkusu)
- Eta -No. 07- (
η -No. 07-Ēta Nanbā Sebun)
- Theta -No. 08- (
θ -No. 08-Sēta Nanbā Eito)
- Iota -No. 09- (
ι -No. 09-Iota Nanbā Nain)
- Kappa -No. 10- (
κ -No. 10-Kappa Nanbā Ten)
- Lambda -No. 11- (
Λ -No. 11-Ramuda Nanbā Irebun)
- Mu -No. 12- (
μ -No. 12-Myū Nanbā Tuerubu)
- Nu -No. 13- (
ν -No. 13-Nyū Nanbā Sātīn)
Lambda -No. 11-
Mu -No. 12-
Nu -No. 13-
- There is a fourth Murakumo Unit, which does not exist in any BlazBlue media, but was drawn several times by Toshimichi Mori. First she appeared in the Arc System Works 25th Anniversary Official Character Collection artbook, on an illustration named "???". Later Mori uploaded a new cover picture on his twitter, which featured that same image of an unknown Murakumo and also her name: "alpha No.01 -Α-pocalypse". He drew three more images of Alpha, one of them has her name written as "α-No.01". Alpha looks like a hybrid of Ragna and Nu, she was shown to wield the Blood-Scythe in its scythe form and, according to a concept artwork, her right arm possesses the Soul Eater ability.
- ↑ BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend, Library Mode, "Lux Sanctus: Murakumo" entry
- ↑ BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Material Collection, page 135
- ↑ BlazBlue Material Collection, page 138
- ↑ BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend, Library Mode, "Murakumo Unit" entry
- ↑ BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend, Library Mode, "Dimensional Boundary Interface Prime Field Device" entry
- ↑ Image
- ↑ Image
- ↑ Image
- ↑ Image