|Date of Birth:||April 2|
|Birthplace:||11th Hierarchical City of Shinatsu|
|Weight:||49kg (108 lbs)|
|Education:||Military Academy (Graduate)|
|Material Collection Information|
|Simple Move List|
|Special Attacks:||· Comet Cannon|
· Corona Upper
· Space Counter
· Asteroid Vision
|Distortion Drives:||· Big Bang Smash |
· Particle Flare
|Astral Heat:||Planet Crusher|
|Japanese Voice:||Tomomi Isomura|
|English Voice:||Cindy Robinson|
She is a squirrel-type beastkin and is considerably hyperactive with a short attention span, though she has proven to be rather cunning when she needs to be. She is outgoing and adventurous. She has a few complexes about her race, but nonetheless, she acknowledges who she is and is proud of it. In BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Makoto works for the Novus Orbis Librarium Intelligence Department with Hazama but is actually a spy for Sector Seven. In the True Ending, she defects from the NOL after finding out what happened and leaves with Noel and Tager.
In Makoto's arcade ending in Continuum Shift II, it is revealed that one of the reasons Makoto is in Kagutsuchi is because of her discovery of the several failed attempts by the NOL to create Noel Vermillion at Ikaruga.
In Makoto's True Ending in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, it was revealed that during Makoto's time in Ikaruga, she had discovered a computer that was still gathering data from the cauldron. She also found a file on the 12th prime field device created by Relius Clover and that it was none other then Noel.
Before Makoto could go back with the data she collected, the cauldron knocked her unconscious and sent her soul to a parallel world where she met an injured Jin and Hazama, who was out to kill Jin. They later met up with Bang Shishigami, who decided to heal Jin's wounds. She then met up with Tager and Kokonoe to give them a disk, but she failed to give Kokonoe the right password saying it was 'Gnu' when it was actually 'Baa'. Kokonoe asked her the date of the disk, and Makoto said it was January 3, 2200. Kokonoe said that disk was usless to them because today's date was December 31, 2199.
Shocked and confused, Makoto headed back to see Jin and found that he has escaped. She runs to the NOL where she met up with Tsubaki. Tsubaki told Makoto that she joined the zero squadron just to bring Jin back, and when she was done, she was going back to the 4th Thaumaturgist Squad. This caused Makoto to remember that Tsubaki joined the Zero Squadron out of her own free will after graduation. Then, Hazama showed up and told them that Ragna the Bloodedge was here. Jin ran after him. Makoto told Tsubaki to to go after him and that she need to talk to Hazama. Makoto asked Hazama where Noel was, and Hazama said she wouldn't find Noel anywhere on the planet and that her sudden appearance messed up his entire plan. Before he could attack Makoto, Rachel jumped in and saved her, explaining the situation and how she can get back to her own world.
After Makoto returned to her own world, Rachel told her what caused her to travel back in time. Rachel pointed to the cauldron and three caskets of the failed clones of Noel Vermillion and told her that Noel is a human-made doll, just like Beastkin. Rachel asked Makoto what she plans to do now that she got to look at the truth that she was never meant to find out. Makoto said she was going to Kagutsuchi to save her friends.
Material Collection Information
- Hobbies: Lacrosse
- Likes: All-you-can-eat, Chestnut parfait
- Dislikes: Discrimination
Makoto is a silly, friendly, generally whimsical and energetic beastkin. She also appears to be somewhat scatter-brained, though this trait belies her true aptitude as an Intelligence operative and spy for Sector Seven. She is one of Noel's best friends, though unlike Tsubaki, she harbors no jealousy towards her. She cares deeply for her friends and can't stand when they fight each other. When she was in Military Academy, she used to be cruel, mean, selfish, and hated humans, but then had a change of heart by Tsubaki's words when she confronted her fellow female classmates who were picking on her. When she, Tsubaki, and Noel were trapped in the lower levels of Kagutsuchi, it was revealed that she just wanted to be accepted for who she is. Makoto also has a serious side when it comes to her friends, and has even confronted Hazama when she discovers what he did to Noel.
Makoto is a squirrel-type beastkin young lady with short brown hair, a big curly brown tail, and hazel eyes. She wears an NOL uniform with a black balmoral cap to cover her squirrel ears, a jet black cloak, and black military boots. When she's in battle, she switches her outfit to an orange fighter top showing half of her bosom, two tonfas, black strap panties with an orange skirt-like cloth, long black socks, and orange boots.
When she was in the Military Academy, she wore a standard school uniform, only with a darker mini skirt, black socks, and brown shoes.
Powers and Abilities
Because of her Beastkin heritage, Makoto has inhuman reflexes, as well as incredible strength, being able to make an impact crater in Carl's storyline, and her Astral Heat involves her punching an opponent skyward, leaving an imprint of her fist in the moon before it splits apart. The increased strengh, however, may be the result of her tonfas, which allow her to charge the strengh of her blows.
- Alexandrite - Makoto's theme
- Heritage Museum - It will all be the same one-hundred years hence
- AD2200/01/07, friendship
- Slight hope
- Main article: Makoto Nanaya/Quotes
- Makoto's Guilty Gear counterpart may be Jam Kuradoberi. Both characters have short attention spans, are overtly energetic, fight with primarily hand-to-hand combat styles (though Jam also uses Chi, and Makoto also uses tonfas), are stereotypical ditzes, wear rather revealing clothes, are physically very powerful women, and neither are exactly intelligent. However, where as Jam owns her own restaurant and considers over-eaters to be her bane, Makoto is an over-eater and is very fond of all-you-can-eat buffets. Even their fighting gimmicks are similar; both characters specializing in a strong rushdown, mix-up offense, along with many attacks that lead to wall bounces and stuns, thereby granting opportunites for longer combos. Both women even have a special attack that is similar to Kenshiro's Hyakuretsuken (One-Hundred Rending Fists) technique from the "Hokuto no Ken" series.
- Makoto's birthday, April 2, may be based to "April Fools", which is a day before her birthday, due to her slightly childish ways.
- During Tager's gag reel, Makoto pronounces the phrase "Mekaleka High Meka Hiney Ho" before activating Tager's inflatability option. This is a reference to PeeWee's Playhouse, in which the character Jambi has the audience pronounce the magic words "Mekaleka High Meka Hiney Ho" before granting a wish. Also, when he first transforms into his "air" form, she remarks that "there's more to him than meets the eye," a reference to Transformers.
- Makoto's Astral Heat bears a resemblance to Slayer's Instant Kill in Guilty Gear with punching their opponents into outer space, save for the combo she performs in the beginning, which is a reference to a move that the "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" protagonist Jotaro Kujo uses and ends with Makoto's super finish stance from Street Fighter 3 and 4. The move also references to Bridget since both characters litterally send the opponent to the moon.
- During one of her attacks she screams "Spoon!", a battlecry the Tick often uses.
- Makoto's Unlimited moveset strongly idolizes Dudley's moveset from Street Fighter, being able to perform Machine Gun Blow, Cross Counter, Duck (straight and upper), and projectile taunt (acorn). It also includes a Distortion Drive similar to Dudley's "Rolling Thunder" Ultra move. However, it requires a full heat gauge and can deal a large amount of damage, easily taking characters down to 1/4 health from a full bar.
- Two moves from Makoto bear resemblance to Street Fighter's Makoto's Super Arts from Street Fighter III (or Ultras from Super Street Fighter IV). The first is her Astral Heat, Planet Crusher, based on SF Makoto's Seichusen Godanzuki (albeit with more hits). The second is one of her hidden Distortion Drives in her Unlimited form (done only in mid-air), based on SF Makoto's Abare Tosanami.
- Prior to the release of Continuum Shift II, Makoto did not have a story mode, and she couldn't be selected in arcade or conquest modes, where she is given an Arcade Mode. In Continuum Shift Extend, she was given a Story Mode.
- Intriguinely enough, Makoto is the only character from the NOL that does not have what fans call a "Special Intro" with Ragna the Bloodedge.
- During one of her Big Bang Smash phrases she says "My soul burns with the heat of a thousand suns, behold the power of youth!", a reference to Might Guy from Naruto.
- Makoto's design may have been inspired by Steve Ditko's Marvel character Squirrel Girl, since both characters are human with squirrel-like qualities.
- Makoto has a hidden Distortion Drive that can only be performed in mid air. It allows her to use her tail like a propeller (Similar to Miles 'Tails' Prower from the Sonic the Hedgehog series) and then dives downward striking the opponent three times before finishing with a uppercut.
- Makoto will occasionally say "Bang! Just kidding.", which could be a Deadpool reference.
- Being a member of the NOL, Makoto will recite the speech when pitted against other NOL members (Jin, Noel, Tsubaki, or Hazama), though there is a slight chance she will forget the speech, and give up midway. One can tell she'll forget the speech when she recites the speech out of sync with the other NOL member. There are also times she will recite the speech when facing a non-NOL character, but she will always give up midway.
- In Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Doctor Strange has two attacks: Eye of Agamatto and Impact Palm, which are similar in mechanic to Makoto's Comet Cannon and Break Shot.
- Makoto's English Voice Actress, Cindy Robinson, is now the current voice of Amy Rose from Sonic the Hedgehog as of 2010.
- Makoto said to Noel once that her breast size will increase if she lets a boy massage them, making her face flushed and repenting the thought of that. This also happens in a short story in one of the Official Comics, where Makoto loses her panties.
- In Makoto's gag reel, she decides to do a re-enactment of her family. However, the cast is determined by pulling names out of a hat (without audition). Things do not go so well due to the miscast, and Makoto wonders if her family is as batshit crazy as the cast. The cast is:
- Daddy = Noel Vermillion
- Mommy = Hazama
- Little sister Mikoto = Bang Shishigami
- Big brother Mukoto = Valkenhayn
- The young twins, Mekoto & Mokoto = Carl and Nirvana
- Newborn baby brother = Ragna
- In Persona 4: Arena, Chie Satonaka has an Alternate color scheme that resembles Makoto.
|Ragna the Bloodedge · Jin Kisaragi · Noel Vermillion · Rachel Alucard · Taokaka · Carl Clover · Litchi Faye-Ling · Arakune · Iron Tager · Bang Shishigami · Nu-13 · Hakumen|
|Lambda-11 · Hazama · Tsubaki Yayoi · Mu-12|
|Continuum Shift II|
|Makoto Nanaya · Valkenhayn R. Hellsing · Platinum the Trinity|
|Continuum Shift Extend|
|Amane Nishiki · Bullet · Azrael · Izayoi · Kagura Mutsuki · Yūki Terumi|
|Ada Clover · Akane Teruhito · Ayame Yayoi · Black Beast · Bloodedge · Cajun Faycott · Celica A. Mercury · Clavis Alucard · Estella McKenzie · Gii · Guardian of the Azure Grimoire · Ignis Clover · Ikaruga Ninjas · Jubei · Kaka Elder · Kaka Kittens · Kazuma Kuvaru · Kokonoe · Konoe A. Mercury · Lao Jiu · Linhua · Lord Tenjō · Mai Natsume · Nago · Phantom · Saya · Shūichirō Ayatsuki · Taro Zazagae · Tomonori · Torakaka · Trinity Glassfield|