Ishana was neutral, independent, self-sufficient, self-governing, concealed in a magic barrier lone island in the Atlantic Ocean. It was called the “safest place on Earth” during the Great Dark War. It was a home to the Magic Association and the Ten Sages. It is also the place where the Magic Formula and Arch-Enemy Event Weapons were created. It was designed as Magic City Number Zero “Ishana”.
At the center of the island was located an academy that taught magic, alchemy and basic education. Its biggest purpose was passing down magical knowledge and skills to the next generation. Dormitories were also located in it. The most important building on its grounds was the Sanctuary (聖堂 Seidō), usually only accessed by members of the Magic Association.
Besides the academy, there also existed other facilities that provided basic needs, such as residences, companies, vigilance system and judicial system.
In the XBlaze world, the Magic City Ishana is the home to the Magic School and Research Institute Seven of the Mitsurugi Agency’s New Yokozaki Branch.
- In the English localization, the Magic City Ishana is called “Magister’s City: Ishana”. “Magister”, when translated idiomatically from Latin, means “Master” – a honorific title often used to address individuals of high social status, such as teachers.
- In BlazBlue: Chronophantasma and BlazBlue: Centralfiction, there are certain events online that allow players to access the online lobby Magic City Ishana. Those who enter the lobby will be gifted with up to 5 separate accessories, however, the lobby is usually only up for a limited amount of time and will disappear until the next event occurs.
- ↑ BlazBlue name
- ↑ XBlaze and Bloodedge Experience name
- ↑ BlazBlue (Chronophantasma, Chronophantasma Extend, Centralfiction), Glossary, locations section, entry #34. In English localization during the game course, it is also called: Magister City: Ishana, Mage City: Ishana.
- ↑ BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Story Mode, Chronophantasma Story, Episode 18