|profile||image gallery||command list||combo list||quote list||miscellaneous|
|Date of birth:||March 14|
|Place of birth:||4th Hierarchical City "Naobi"|
|Weapon(s):||Zero Weave: Izayoi|
Slaying Demon: Ōkami
|Relatives:||Ayame Yayoi (ancestor)|
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend
'BlazBlue: Revolution Reburning
BlazBlue: Battle × Puzzle (NPC)
|Manga(s):||BlazBlue: Remix Heart (future image)|
|Japanese voice:||Asami Imai|
|English voice:||Julie Ann Taylor|
Using Tsubaki's form, Izayoi's physical appearance remains the same, with the exception of her red hair being tied into a ponytail. Her appearance is a mix of Tsubaki's former Astral Heat and her Controlling Organization uniform, her armor being a sleeveless, purple, skin-tight bodysuit with a short, slender, white outfit, and white, knee-length boots. The armor bears a slight resemblance to the armor worn by the Murakumo Units, but with two shields floating around her instead of swords, and an overall less revealing outfit.
Izayoi is shown to retain Tsubaki's desire for justice, but while she was under the influence of Mind Eater, she believed that the Emperor and the World Void Information Controlling Organization are not to be defied, and that she was the Sword of the Emperor herself, and gave Noel, Makoto and Jin death sentences.
After Makoto, Noel, and Jin managed to free her from the spell, she realized that Izanami's justice is a lie and decided that she will fight for a justice she believes in as an individual: to fight for the people she loves and the friends she cherishes.
Izayoi is the true form of the Sealed Armament: Izayoi that Tsubaki undertakes to don the power of Immortal Breaker. This form was awakened twice, once during the battle with Jin Kisaragi before Amaterasu Unit's Event Interference, and once after, when Noel materialized it with her power of the Eye. She was still under the influence of Izanami's Mind Eater in both occasions, but managed to break free the second time thanks to her friends. Tsubaki regained herself once more, but felt lost as she knows the Emperor's justice is a lie. However, with the support of Hakumen and Mu -No. 12-, she decided to fight for the justice she believes in and for the friends she cherishes. Turning away from the darkness of the past, she takes up her sword to punish all crimes and seek out the true light.
In the finale of BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Tsubaki joins Makoto Nanaya and Bang Shishigami in the fight against Relius Clover, Carl Clover, and Litchi Faye Ling inside Asphyxia, a hidden dungeon below 8th Hierarchical City "Wadatsumi". They try to give Bang an opening, so he can activate the device on the Kushinada's Lynchpin, but the tag-team of Nirvana and Ignis proves to be a formidable force to reckon with. They succeed, however, as Valkenhayn R. Hellsing appears and breaks the stalemate state.
Powers and abilities
Upon awakening the true form of the Sealed Armament: Izayoi, Izayoi became an incredibly powerful being who is the sole person able to kill Observers. As well as this, her Immortal Breaker ability is capable of killing any immortal being due to the fact that the Sealed Armament was designed to target Observers. Her weapon is a prototype of a Murakumo Unit, an Anti-Observer Armament.
- The word "Izayoi" (十六夜) means "sixteen nights" in Japanese. In astronomy, a moon that is sixteen-days-old has just passed its fullest phase, so it is at this point that its brightness begins to decline.
- Nearly all of Izayoi's moves are references to the Gundam series, in particular Gundam 00 and Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny.
- Scarlet Justice: Justice Gundam
- Freedom Justice: Freedom Gundam
- Banshee Lancer: Gundam Banshee
- Sonic Saber: 00 Qan[T] Full Saber
- Crusade Seraphim: Seraphim Gundam
- Strike Fall: Strike Gundam
- Valkyrie Astraea: Gundam Astraea
- Aegis Blade: Aegis Gundam
- Noir Edge: Strike Noir Gundam
- Mirage Thruster: Gundam Astray Mirage Frame
- Justice Phorizor: Justice Gundam
- Slaver Trans-AM: Trans-Am System
- Judge of Destiny: Destiny Gundam
- Her eyes are red, but in BlazBlue: Chronophantasma player lobbies, her pixel model's eyes are blue. Even though Tsubaki was freed from Mind Eater, her eyes are still red as Izayoi. In BlazBlue: Centralfiction, her pixel model's eyes were changed to red.
- Izayoi is one of the only characters, alongside Jin, Noel, and Hazama, that has a playable alternate form. Izayoi is the alternate form of Tsubaki Yayoi.