Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Wielder:||Ragna the Bloodedge|
The Blood-Scythe is the weapon of Ragna the Bloodedge.
In its sealed form, it takes the form of a sword that slowly devours the opponent's soul upon contact. The weapon in its awakened form takes the form of a scythe with a crimson blade.
During the events of BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, Rachel Alucard sent Ragna back in time to the First War of Ars Magus, where it turned out that he is Bloodedge. Before his first fight with the Black Beast, Ragna gave his jacket to Celica A. Mercury, and after the fight Mitsuyoshi brought her the Blood-Scythe. She kept those items until her death, waiting for Ragna to come back as he promised.
It is unknown where the sword and jacket originated from, and it is also unknown where he got another sword and jacket after he left them in the past.
- In early concept designs, the Blood-Scythe was identical in design to the swords that float around Mu -No. 12-, Lambda -No. 11- and Nu -No. 13-.
- The name of this weapon is actually unknown:
- Usually, it is called "Ragna's large sword" (ラグナの大剣 Raguna no daiken). This name was also used in the BlazBlue Unlimited VS trading card game.
- The name "Blood-Scythe" (ブラッドサイズ Buraddo Saizu) first appeared in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, where in one of Ragna's alternate endings, after fusing with Nu he turned into something that used a Murakumo Unit and "Blood-Scythe". In BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Ragna got a new attack with the same name. In the game Phantasy Star Online 2 it is possible to buy items that will make the player's character look like Ragna, and in this game his sword is also called "Blood-Scythe".
- Ragna appears as a guest character in the game Seven Knights, and his sword is called "Aramasa" (アラマサ) there. In Japanese mythology, Orochi no Aramasa is a sword that Takehaya Susano'o no Mikoto used to kill the eight headed snake Yamata no Orochi. Susano'o found the Kusanagi no Tsurugi sword inside one of Yamata's tails.