This page is about the discussion policy.
There are conventions in any discussion, article comments or forum posts:
- Use of appropriate language – Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Users must not abuse other users, or attempt to silence their views.
- Unnecessary statements – Comments like “Cool!” or “I agree.” will be deleted. They do not bring anything new to conversation and are completely unnecessary.
- No flaming – People from all around the world read and edit this wiki and its forums. Like any other collaborative project, not everyone will agree all the time. Keep discussions civil and be open minded about differing opinions.
- No trolling – of any kind. Even if you feel a user has trolled, let administrators deal with it rather than respond in kind.
- No caps – Users should not be writing in all capital letters, otherwise called shouting.
- No roleplaying – Go to fanon communities if you want to roleplay.
Article comments only
- Related to the article only – Comments are only for discussing the contents and upkeep of the article itself. Please place all general comments and queries in the forums and blogs.
- Reply option – Comments have an option called Reply. It makes discussion clear and it really looks like a single topic.
- Cloned threads – Before you create a new thread, check that there is no other thread about the same topic. The cloned thread will be deleted.
- Wrong board – When you are going to make new thread, make sure that is the right board.