|Name:||BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle|
|Developer(s):||Arc System Works|
|Publisher(s):||JP Arc System Works|
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (ブレイブルー クロスタグバトル BureiBurū Kurosu Tagu Batoru) is a crossover tag team fighting game consisting of characters from the licensed fighting games series which Project BB Team involved in, from Arc System Works’ own BlazBlue, Atlus’ Persona 4 Arena and French-Bread’s Under Night In-Birth, including Rooster Teeth’s anime-styled web animation RWBY. The character art for this game is drawn by Higuchi Konomi who previously worked as a character designer of the XBlaze series.
This game will be a 2-on-2, two dimensional, tag team fighting game, which allows the player to switch between characters during a fight. Each character from both players has their own health bar.
The gameplay will not be similar as the previous BlazBlue fighting games.
- Due to RWBY’s original series first airing in North America, RWBY characters start out with speaking in English as their default language voice.
- This is the first BlazBlue fighting game to be released exclusively on console versions, instead of being released on Arcade. Not counting update versions of certain BlazBlue titles.
- According to Toshimichi Mori on Famitsu Interview:
- Under Night In-Birth characters’ sprites will be redrawn to match out BlazBlue graphics.
- Currently, there are no plans on including characters from other franchises such as from Guilty Gear in this game, despite Arc System Works awareness of this requests and wanted to expand it in the future, if possible.
- The game’s main target crowd is the fans abroad rather than in Japan.