Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Developer(s):||Arc System Works|
|Publisher(s):|| JP Arc System Works |
NA Aksys Games
EU Arc System Works UK
|Designer(s):||Toshimichi Mori |
|Platform(s):||Arcade (Taito Type X²)|
JP December 9, 2010
NA May 18, 2011
EU May 19, 2011
PlayStation Portable, Nintendo 3DS
JP March 31, 2011
NA May 31, 2011
EU November 4, 2011
PlayStation 3 (downloadable update)
JP May 12, 2011
NA May 17, 2011
EU May 25, 2011
Xbox 360 (downloadable update)
JP May 10, 2011
NA May 10, 2011
EU May 10, 2011
|Genre(s):||Fighting game, visual novel|
|Rating(s):||CERO: C |
|Media/Distribution:||Digital Download, UMD, Nintendo 3DS Game Card|
|System Voice:||Chiwa Saitō (Type A)|
|Ending Song:||Arcade: "Rubble Song"|
Story: "DIMENSION SHIFT"
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II was the first revision of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, released in arcades on December 9, 2010.
It features all the console exclusive characters, numerous balance changes, and other cosmetic changes such as a new announcer including the opening changed and also features few voice actor changes, more so in the case of the English voice actors (due to rushes in localization which also applies in the case of Extend). The game's theme song is Shinsō, performed by Asami Imai, the Japanese voice actress that did the voice of Tsubaki Yayoi.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II balance patch for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift was released as a free downloadable update called "System Version Data Pack (Ver. 1.03)" on May 2011.
The PlayStation Portable and Nintendo 3DS ports of the game were released in Japan on March 31, 2011 and in North America on May 31, 2011. Along with the features from the arcade version, new content is added for the portables including the all-new "Abyss" mode and two additional story elements in Story mode. Unlike the console versions, however, additional content such as extra colors and Unlimited version characters are unlocked via the Gallery mode by gaining experience points to reach specific levels and purchasing them by earning Platinum Dollars gained through different modes.
Changes to system mechanics
Note that all is subject to change as this was gathered from the loketest held in August.
- Gold Break Burst: Duration decreased, less invincibility, easier to bait and punish.
- Green Break burst: Hitting the opponent with the burst, or if it is blocked, will give a 25% heat boost to the meter.
- Knockback: Air guarding a ground attack now has increased knockback making it easier to gain distance.
- Barrier Guard: More knockback on moves with a higher attack level.
- Instant Barrier guard: Even more knockback, allowing for an easier get away.
- Patch versions are noted above the timer between both the fighters' health bars (e.g. "Ver. 1.11") in order to notify players the version of the game they are playing. This also continues in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend.
- The HUD color for the health bars goes from white to a blueish tint in order to distinguish between the first BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II.
These playable characters are DLC for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.
- Tutorial Mode (チュートリアルモード Chūtoriaru Mōdo)
- Arcade Mode (アーケードモード Ākēdo Mōdo)
- Versus Mode (ブイエスモード Buiesu Mōdo)
- Score Attack Mode (スコアアタックモード Sukoa Atakku Mōdo)
- Training Mode (トレーニングモード Torēningu Mōdo)
- Challenge Mode (チャレンジモード Charenji Mōdo)
- Legion Mode (レジオンモード Rejion Mōdo)
- Story Mode (ストーリーモード Sutōrī Mōdo)
- Gallery Mode (ギャラリーモード Gyararī Mōdo)
- Replay Theater Mode (リプレイシアター Ripurei Shiatā)
- Network Mode (ネットワークモード Nettowāku Mōdo)
- Main article: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II/Battle themes
Story mode guide
- Main article: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift/Story Mode Guide
|Main games||BlazBlue (Calamity Trigger · Continuum Shift · Chronophantasma · Centralfiction)|
|Remakes||BlazBlue (Continuum Shift II · Continuum Shift Extend · Chronophantasma Extend)|
|Spin-offs||BlazBlue (Battle × Battle · Mobile Battle · Clonephantasma · Battle × Puzzle · Eat Beat: Dead Spike-san · Battle Cards · Revolution Reburning) · XBlaze (Code: Embryo · Lost: Memories)|