|Name:||BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend|
|Developer(s):||Arc System Works|
|Publisher(s):|| JP Arc System Works |
NA Aksys Games
|Designer(s):||Toshimichi Mori |
|Release date(s):||PS3, X360, PSVita|
JP December 17, 2011
NA February 14, 2012
EU February 24, 2012
JP May 31, 2012
WW December 11, 2014
|Genre(s):||Fighting game, visual novel|
|Rating(s):||CERO: C |
|Media/Distribution:||NVG Card, Blu-ray Disc, DVD-ROM, UMD|
|System Voice:||Miyuki Sawashiro (Type A)|
|Opening Song:||“Sōkyū no Hikari”|
“DIMENSION SHIFT” (CS)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (ブレイブルー コンティニュアム シフト エクステンド BureiBurū: Kontinyuamu Shifuto Ekusutendo) is the second revision of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is released as a standalone disc. This installment features Relius Clover as a brand new character, along with the arcade version’s latest balance update from October 2011, along with much more re-balancing for all the other characters.
Story Mode includes Calamity Trigger Reconstruction, a remastered version of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger’s story mode, the Military Academy story Heart to Heart, the 7th Agency story that which is inherited, and stories for Makoto (Slight hope), Valkenhayn (Hunting Dog), Platinum (Scapegoat) and for Relius (Darkness Visible).
Network Mode has also been tweaked and adjusted from the previous installment to include smooth online play and team battles, with options for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.
Legion Mode is replaced by Abyss Mode that is a new mode ported straight from the handheld versions. In this mode, there are four levels – Depth 100, Depth 500, Depth 999 and Depth 99,999 (also known as Depth Infinity).
BlazBlue Quiz Mode is a new mode exclusive to the PlayStation Portable version.
Like with BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend also features a few aesthetic changes such as marking the patch version number above the match countdown timer, and changing the HUD color in order to distinguish between the past versions of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift; BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II originally had a blueish dye to the HUD, while BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend instead replaces it with purple.
|Features||Standard Edition||Limited Edition|
|BLAZBLUE SONG INTERLUDE||No||Yes|
|Arcade Stick||No||Yes (JP only)|
|Artbook||No||Yes (NA only)|
|2012 calendar||No||Yes (NA only)|
|12 sketches||No||Yes (EU only)|
Returning characters: blue · New characters: purple
- Tutorial Mode (チュートリアルモード Chūtoriaru Mōdo) — Learn everything from the basics of 2D fighting game mechanics to the advanced and unique systems of BlazBlue.
- Arcade Mode (アーケードモード Ākēdo Mōdo) — Enjoy the characters’ individual stories while fighting your way through the 10 computer opponents.
- Versus Mode (ブイエスモード Buiesu Mōdo) — Fight against a computer or your friends.
- Score Attack Mode (スコアアタックモード Sukoa Atakku Mōdo) — Fight against the computers with regulated setting and compete for the highest score. The final scores can be uploaded to the Xbox LIVE/PlayStation Network Leaderboards.
- Unlimited Mars Mode (アンリミテッドマーズモード Anrimiteddo Māzu Mōdo) — Fight against extremely intelligent computers and try to get the highest score. If you are connected to Xbox LIVE/PlayStation Network, you can post your scores on the ranking boards.
- Training Mode (トレーニングモード Torēningu Mōdo) — Practice moves and set a variety of parameters and enemy actions.
- Challenge Mode (チャレンジモード Charenji Mōdo) — Take on a variety of missions set for each character.
- Abyss Mode (アビスモード Abisu Mōdo) — Defeat waves of enemies, strengthening your character along the way. Reach the bottom level of Kagutsuchi.
- Story Mode (ストーリーモード Sutōrī Mōdo) — Enjoy an even more in-depth story of the BlazBlue universe.
- Gallery Mode (ギャラリーモード Gyararī Mōdo) — Listen to music, watch videos, view pictures, or enjoy the voice acting here.
- Replay Theater (リプレイシアター Ripurei Shiatā) — Manage and playback replay data you have downloaded or recorded.
- Network Mode (ネットワークモード Nettowāku Mōdo) — Connect to Xbox LIVE/PlayStation Network and battle other players via the Network.