|Name:||JP BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend|
NA/EU BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
|Developer(s):||JP Arc System Works|
|Publisher(s):||JP Arc System Works|
NA Aksys Games
JP October 9, 2014
PS3, PS4, XOne
JP April 23, 2015
NA June 30, 2015
EU October 23, 2015
JP April 23, 2015
NA July 28, 2015
EU October 23, 2015
WW March 2, 2016
|Genre(s):||Fighting game, visual novel|
|Rating(s):||CERO: C |
|Opening Song:||Arcade: “CHRONORISE”|
Console: “BLUE desire”
|Ending Song:||Console: “marionette”|
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend (ブレイブルー クロノファンタズマ エクステンド BureiBurū: Kuronofantazuma Ekusutendo), known as BlazBlue: Chronophantasma 2.0 in arcade version, and released as BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend outside Japan, is the revision of BlazBlue: Chronophantasma.
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend features an extended version of the story from BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. It features the playable inclusion of Celica A. Mercury, as well as the reintroduction of Lambda-11 as a standalone playable character. There are also several gameplay changes kept over from the 2.0 update of the Arcade version of the original BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. There is cross-platform connectivity between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, however, the PS Vita version is incapable of this.
All previous DLC characters, BGMs and stages are present. The story contents, which were exclusives for PSVita, returned.
Challenge mode has been changed in order to add Celica and Lambda’s own challenges. Missions that consist of Special Attacks, Distortion Drives and Astral Heat are moved to the Tutorial mode. Every character has 20 missions in Challenge mode.
Items in Abyss mode has a “cost” parameter, which describes how many items a character can carry on them. Maximal “cost” value is 3, it can’t be exceeded. Items have different “cost” value.
There are additional story scenarios named The Rat, Determination, and Collision; focusing on Bullet, Kagura Mutsuki, and Kokonoe, respectively. A new story mode has been added that focuses around the events of BlazBlue: Remix Heart, named Remix Heart Branch. It is placed separately from other stories. There are eight additional gag scenarios, for Relius Clover, Amane Nishiki, Bullet, Azrael, Yūki Terumi, Kokonoe, Celica Ayatsuki Mercury, and Lambda-11.
The formerly Japan-exclusive Glossary mode of the original game is included in the NA version.
Network mode contains of 13 worlds. Two worlds are intended for PS4 version of the game. Every world has 10 lobbies, with maximum of 64 players in a lobby. Player Match has a new function named “My Room”. Player can design it using in-game currency, and invite friends to battle them.
To differentiate from the original BlazBlue: Chronophantasma like with the previous BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend game, the HUD’s countdown timer for CP Extend is now in a magenta-color as opposed to a blueish one.
Steam version comes with a special “CP” mode, which allows the player to play with the original BlazBlue: Chronophantasma balance in the Training and Versus modes, and in the Player Match of Network Mode. Celica and Lambda are not usable in “CP” mode.
Returning characters: blue · New characters: purple
- Tutorial Mode (チュートリアルモード Chūtoriaru Mōdo)
- Training Mode (トレーニングモード Torēningu Mōdo)
- Challenge Mode (チャレンジモード Charenji Mōdo)
- Story Mode (ストーリーモード Sutōrī Mōdo)
- Teach Me More, Miss Litchi! (もっと教えて！ライチ先生 Mottooshiete! Raichi-sensei, Teach Me More! Doctor Litchi)
- Remix Heart Branch (リミックスハート出張所 Rimikkusu Hāto Shutchōjo)
- Glossary (用語集 Yōgohyō)
- Arcade Mode (アーケードモード Ākēdo Mōdo)
- Versus Mode (ブイエスモード Buiesu Mōdo)
- Abyss Mode (アビスモード Abisu Mōdo)
- Score Attack Mode (スコアアタックモード Sukoa Atakku Mōdo)
- Unlimited Mars Mode (アンリミテッドマーズモード Anrimiteddo Māzu Mōdo)
- Highlander Assault Mode (ハイランダーアサルトモード Hairandā Asaruto Mōdo)
- Network Mode (ネットワークモード Nettowāku Mōdo)
- The Ranked Matches on Xbox One version of the game were discontinued at the end of 2016, and are inaccessible anymore.
- Early buyers of the game can get one of three different rubber straps illustrated by Remix Heart artist, Sumeragi. Buyers of the PlayStation 4 version can earn a Celica Ayatsuki Mercury strap; buyers of the PlayStation 3 version can earn a Noel Vermillion strap; buyers of the Xbox One version can earn a Mai Natsume strap.
- Each CG from Remix Heart Tour scenario, and the story mode sprites for Mai and Kajun Faycott, were also drawn by Sumeragi.
- This is the first game where the system voices can be unlocked by completing the respective character’s Arcade Mode (with the exception of Jūbei and the Emperor which are unlocked via the Gallery).
- The Steam store page of the game contained a prototype of the BlazBlue: Chronophantasma’s console opening, which was removed shortly.
- Continuing on from BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, there are color options for the playable cast that reference characters from two other Arc System Works games, Guilty Gear and Persona. They are as follows: