|Name:||JP BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend|
NA/EU BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
|Developer(s):||JP Arc System Works|
|Publisher(s):||JP Arc System Works|
NA Aksys Games
JP October 9, 2014
PS3, PS4, XOne
JP April 23, 2015
NA June 30, 2015
EU October 23, 2015
JP April 23, 2015
NA July 28, 2015
EU October 23, 2015
WW March 2, 2016
|Genre(s):||Fighting game, visual novel|
|Rating(s):||CERO: C |
|Opening Song:||Arcade: "CHRONORISE"|
Console: "BLUE desire"
|Ending Song:||Console: "marionette"|
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend (ブレイブルー クロノファンタズマ エクステンド BureiBurū: Kuronofantazuma Ekusutendo), known as BlazBlue: Chronophantasma 2.0 in arcade version, and released as BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend outside Japan, is the revision of BlazBlue: Chronophantasma.
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend features an extended version of the story from BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. It features the playable inclusion of Celica A. Mercury, as well as the reintroduction of Lambda -No. 11- as a standalone playable character. There are also several gameplay changes kept over from the 2.0 update of the Arcade version of the original BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. There is cross-platform connectivity between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, however, the PS Vita version is incapable of this.
All DLC content returns, with the exception of voice packs, which still remain unknown. All previous DLC characters, BGMs and stages are present. The story contents, which were exclusives for PSVita, returned.
Challenge mode has been changed in order to add Celica and Lambda's own challenges. Missions that consist of Special Attacks, Distortion Drives and Astral Heat are moved to the Tutorial mode. Every character has 20 missions in Challenge mode.
Items in Abyss mode has a "cost" parameter, which describes how many items a character can carry on them. Maximal "cost" value is 3, it can't be exceeded. Items have different "cost" value.
There are additional story scenarios named The Rat, Determination, and Collision; focusing on Bullet, Kagura Mutsuki, and Kokonoe, respectively. A new story mode has been added that focuses around the events of BlazBlue: Remix Heart, named Remix Heart Gaiden. It is placed separately from other stories. There are eight additional gag reels, for Relius Clover, Amane Nishiki, Bullet, Azrael, Yūki Terumi, Kokonoe, Celica A. Mercury, and Lambda -No. 11-.
The formerly Japan-exclusive Library mode of the original game is included in the NA version.
Network mode contains of 13 worlds. Two worlds are intended for PS4 version of the game. Every world has 10 lobbies, with maximum of 64 players in a lobby. Player Match has a new function named "My Room". Player can design it using in-game currency, and invite friends to battle them.
To differentiate from the original BlazBlue: Chronophantasma like with the previous BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend game, the HUD's countdown timer for CP Extend is now in a magenta-color as opposed to a blueish one.
Steam version comes with a special "CP" mode, which allows the player to play with the original BlazBlue: Chronophantasma balance in the Training and Versus modes, and in the Player Match of Network Mode. Celica and Lambda are not usable in "CP" mode.
Returning playable cast
New playable characters
While BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend features all the songs from the original installment, it also includes an entirely new, non-remixed song for Yūki Terumi.
|Silent Scream||Terumi's theme|
|Crystal Forest||Celica's theme|
|Awakening The Chaos||Lambda's theme|
- Tutorial Mode (チュートリアルモード Chūtoriaru Mōdo)
- Training Mode (トレーニングモード Torēningu Mōdo)
- Challenge Mode (チャレンジモード Charenji Mōdo)
- Story Mode (ストーリーモード Sutōrī Mōdo)
- Teach Me More, Miss Litchi! (もっと教えて！ライチ先生 Mottooshiete! Raichi-sensei, Teach Me More! Doctor Litchi)
- Remix Heart Gaiden (リミックスハート出張所 Rimikkusu Hāto Shutchōjo)
- Library Mode (用語表 Yōgohyō, Vocabulary)
- Arcade Mode (アーケードモード Ākēdo Mōdo)
- Versus Mode (ブイエスモード Buiesu Mōdo)
- Abyss Mode (アビスモード Abisu Mōdo)
- Score Attack Mode (スコアアタックモード Sukoa Atakku Mōdo)
- Unlimited Mars Mode (アンリミテッドマーズモード Anrimiteddo Māzu Mōdo)
- Highlander Assault Mode (ハイランダーアサルトモード Hairandā Asaruto Mōdo)
- Network Mode (ネットワークモード Nettowāku Mōdo)
- Main article: BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend/Downloadable Contents
- Early buyers of the game can get one of three different rubber straps illustrated by Remix Heart artist, Sumeragi. Buyers of the PlayStation 4 version can earn a Celica A. Mercury strap; buyers of the PlayStation 3 version can earn a Noel Vermillion strap; buyers of the Xbox One version can earn a Mai Natsume strap.
- Each CG from Remix Heart Tour scenario, and the story mode sprites for Mai and Kajun Faycott, were also drawn by Sumeragi.
- The Steam store page of the game contained a prototype of the BlazBlue: Chronophantasma's console opening, which was removed shortly.
- Continuing on from BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, there are color options for the playable cast that reference characters from two other Arc System Works games, Guilty Gear and Persona. They are as follows:
|Main games||BlazBlue (Calamity Trigger · Continuum Shift · Chronophantasma · Centralfiction)|
|Remakes||BlazBlue (Continuum Shift II · Continuum Shift Extend · Chronophantasma Extend)|
|Spin-offs||BlazBlue (Battle × Battle · Mobile Battle · Clonephantasma · Battle × Puzzle · Eat Beat: Dead Spike-san · Battle Cards · Revolution Reburning) · XBlaze (Code: Embryo · Lost: Memories)|