BlazBlue: Battle × Battle (ぶれいぶるー·バトル×バトル- BureiBurū: Batoru kurosu Batoru), released outside Japan as BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale, is a 3D arena fighting game developed by Arc System Works. It was published in Japan by Arc System Works on January 27, 2010 and for the Nintendo DSi (XL) as a downloadable DSiWare title. The game was released in North America on August 2, 2010. The game later became available on the Nintendo 3DS and its other iterations by extension of backward compatibility.
The game costs 500 Nintendo Points (5 dollars USD) on the Nintendo DSi Shop, and $4.99 on the Nintendo eShop. This game recycles sounds, and speech from BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, while the announcer’s voice is recycled from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.
After March 31, 2017, the game will no longer be available for download on the Nintendo DSi (XL) due to the closure of the Nintendo DSi Shop by this date. This will not affect its availability on the Nintendo eShop however.
The game features five characters. Each character has one basic attack and a drive attack, as well as a description.
- Ragna the Bloodedge
- Soul Eater
- Unwilling protagonist, wielder of the Blue Grimoire, and the strongest around. He absorbs his opponents’ life with the power of darkness.
- Jin Kisaragi
- Frost Bite
- A major in the Controlling Organization and afflicted with a rather unhealthy attachment to his brother, Ragna. He stops opponents in their tracks with his ice attacks.
- Noel Vermillion
- Chain Revolver
- Ever the tragic heroine, she is easily driven to tears. Her Drive ability starts a powerful chain attack.
- Dancing Edge
- A girl in Kagutsuchi’s Kaka tribe. She speeds to victory with her dash attacks.
- Rachel Alucard
- Head of the Alucard vampire family. She manipulates the wind with the aid of Silpheed and her familiars. Her attacks are magnificent.
There are three modes.
- Life (Beat-em Up!)
- Point (Collect noodles)
- Flag (Capture the panda flag)
Players can play against others via Local Play, meaning all players must have downloaded a copy of the game on their consoles, which includes the Nintendo DSi (XL) and any console in the Nintendo 3DS family. There can be up to four players per match. CPU players join in if there are fewer than four human players. It is possible to play between different consoles that support Local Play.
|BlazBlue||BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger · BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (II · Extend) · BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (Extend) · BlazBlue: Centralfiction|
|XBlaze||XBlaze – Code: Embryo · XBlaze – Lost: Memories|
|Spin-offs||BlazBlue: Battle × Battle · BlazBlue Mobile Battle · BlazBlue: Clonephantasma · BlazBlue: Battle x Puzzle · Eat Beat: Dead Spike-san · BlazBlue: Battle Cards · BlazBlue: Revolution Reburning · BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle · BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War|