The Magic Formula was invented by Nine during the Great Dark War to use it against the Black Beast. Armed with the power of the Magic Formulas, humanity was able to join the Six Heroes in a counterattack against the Black Beast. As the Formulas are created with sorcery, they are outside the reason just like the Beast.
With the death of the Black Beast, the planet is full of the Element. Since then, people began to use this as a new source of energy, therefore everything in the world works on the Magic Formulas.
The amount of the Element used on the Magic Formula, and the power of it is affected by the user's aptitude. In addition, if the given area does not have enough Element for the activation, the Formula will not work.
Known Magic Formulas
- Cancellation (解除 Kaijo) — the exact properties are unknown. Ragna the Bloodedge used this in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger to remove the formula blocking the entrance to the World Void Information Controlling Organization office in the 13th Hierarchical City "Kagutsuchi".
- Climate regulation (気候調整 Kikō chōsei) — a formula used in all Hierarchical Cities. It is used in a Environment Maintenance Device.
- Restraint (拘束 Kōsoku) — a formula binding the target. The Controlling Organization teachers the vigilantes this, so they can use it on the rebels they have caught. The formula can be lifted by a code, which can also determine who binded the target.
- Multiple restraints (多重拘束陣 Tajū kōsokujin) — a restraining formula used by the Controlling Organization to restrain criminals.
- Regeneration (再生 Saisei) — a Regeneration Magic Formula, used as a component of wound-healing medicines.
- Manuscript (伝書 Densho) — records speech in written works. Platinum the Trinity by Jūbei's request delivered such a message to Hakumen. Platinum could not hear the message.
- Seal (封緘 Fūkan) — seals the written work. Since the decryption codes can be set, the Controlling Organization uses such formulas to seal important documents.
- Camouflage (迷彩 Meisai) — a formula that hides the life signs of the user, which makes them invisible to ordinary people. Ragna used this formula in Kagutsuchi when he felt he was being watched. It can be used to hide doors and stairs, too, but they can still be detected by a touch.